One of the core activities of our practice is to assist clients with the purchase, sale, or development of real estate in Italy. This has led to our retention of both a notary and an in-house surveyor to advise on technical matters and to assist with finalization of these transactions. On a daily basis, we carry out legal checks concerning rights of ownership, registered charges, pre-emption rights (for historical and agricultural properties), and compliance with government regulations and town-planning. We also give counsel on tax consequences and inheritance planning, and we will generally attend the formal closing of the contract on behalf of our client.
Our lawyers attend regularly the existing exhibitions in this field such as A Place in the Sun, La Dolce Vita.
- We have managed the purchase, sale, or related transactions (such us transfer of real property into a foreign trust) for over 200 residential properties throughout Italy on behalf of non-Italian clients. A sample of our work over the past years would include virtually all of the well-known areas in Italy, including Valle di Aosta (Courmayeur, Cervinia), Piemonte (Sestrière, Salice D’Ulzio), Liguria (Portofino, Santa Margherita Ligure, Alassio, Sanremo), Lombardia (Lake Como, Lake di Orta, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda) Veneto (Venezia), Marche, Umbria (Perugia, Spoleto, Todi), Lazio (Roma), Campania (Capri, Ischia, Sorrento), Puglia (Ostuni, Salento), Sicilia (Siracusa, Palermo, Taormina), Sardinia (Porto Cervo, Costa Smeralda), and of course Tuscany (Chianti, Florence, Siena, Lucca, and Forte dei Marmi).
- “Buying a residential property in Italy”, di Jacopo Monaci Naldini, published in several web portals and real estate brokers web sites. LINK
- “Taxes on the Purchase of Property in Italy”, di Giammarco Muzj, pubblicato sul portale www.angloinfo.com
- 02-09-16-23/04/2009 “La compravendita immobiliare”, held by Avvocatura Indipendente, Firenze
- 03/05/2007 “Il Trust: profili applicativi e fiscali”, held by Il Trust in Italia, Siena
- March 2006, March 2007: Speakers at the Florence based property exhibition “Salone Immobiliare”. Title of seminars: “Vendere sul mercato estero”, “Il procedimento contrattuale nella compravendita immobiliare”, “La nuova tutela per gli acquirenti degli immobili da costruire”
- 17/06/2005 “Trust e soggetti deboli. Strumenti e opportunità”, held by Il Trust in Italia, Florence
The Italian property market is open to all types of buyers who come from those countries where an Italian citizen can enjoy the same purchase rights (reciprocity): individuals buying on their own behalf, corporate investors, trusts, SIPPs, etc. For example, this status is granted to citizens of both the United States and the United Kingdom. […] Read More